Thursday, January 15, 2015

{Stamp Simply} CAS Friday meets MOJO Monday


Good morning!

I played with some stamps from a "new to me" stamp company for today - CAS Friday.  Sharon just stocked the store with this fun Tic Tac Toe board die and a number of Valentine-ish stamp sets, too.  Be sure to check them out, they're adorable!


My first card is a CAS chalkboard style featuring the Tic Tac Toe die, diecut hearts and some words from the 3 in a Row set.  I used the largest die and pierced insert from the Spellbinders Celebrations Pierced Rectangles set to cut a piece out of dark grey cardstock.  Then I die cut the tic tac toe board from white cardstock and the little hearts from My Mind's Eye Honey patterned paper.  I stamped the words on the little hearts and a pink banner, then I distressed the cardstock with an almost dry white ink pad... I knew that would come in handy someday!  I layered my grey layer on a piece of black cardstock and attached it to a white cardbase, so it would be easy to write in.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for masculine cards...  Even though it has pink on it, I think it being so CAS and unfrilly makes it a great card to give a guy on Valentine's Day! 


My next card follows this week's Mojo Monday sketch and uses felt and sequins to qualify it to be entered in the CAS Friday challenge.  The pretty tag is cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Build a Tag Two dies that I love.  The paper is also from the MME Honey pad - an older pad, I know, but I think Sharon might have one left if you hurry!   I die cut the little hearts from pink felt and then used my sewing machine to attach them to the tag.  The little XOXO is from the 3 in a Row set.

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!  I hope I inspired you to work on your Valentines!! : )

Here's my Stamp Simply Shopping List for today...



6 comments:

Lyn said...

Awesome cards I love your tic tac toe card that is such a cool design <3

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, these are just darling, Tricia. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Tricia! I love the chalkboard style and the pink hearts are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Shelly said...

SWEET cards! Love them! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

i'm with the band said...

Great cards!!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Both cards are so different but equally amazing! I love the blackboard tic-tac-toe!!!! And your pretty pink felt hearts on the tag are so sweet! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!