Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Your Next Stamp DT Dare - Frame It

Hi everyone!

Welcome to this month's Your Next Stamp DT Dare!  I feel so blessed to be able to play along with the design team gals today, sharing another card featuring Picnic Phoebe.  Has she fallen into your cart yet??

The dare this month was to "Frame It" - so I decided to make a scene in a frame.  Original, huh?? : )



To make my frame, I used two Stitched Square Diesone layered inside the other.  After I ran it through my Cuttlebug in a woodgrain embossing folder, I drew in some mitered corners and nails to help it look more authentic.  Then I watercolored Picnic Phoebe and the tree and the apples and made my scene.  The images are cut out with the matching Picnic Phoebe Dies I stamped some stars from Phoebe with her Wagon on my sentiment layer with red ink to add some dimension before stamping the sentiment in a dark brown ink.

Wouldn't this make a fun teacher card?  And here's a fun tip.  See the little cloud over Phoebe's head?  I trimmed the antennae from an ant die cut and flipped it upside down.  Heehee!  Use what you have is my motto!!

Thanks for stopping by! And thanks to Your Next Stamp for letting me play along during the release!

Oh! And be sure that you leave a comment over on the Your Next Stamp Blog today.  You may just win a stamp set of your choice from the Your Next Stamp store.  WooHoo!!!

2 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Oh Tricia, what an adorable scene you've created!

Unknown said...

Sweet Picnic Phoebe would've been fine with just the set being stamped, but the frame gave it the 'umphf' the card needed to push it over the top to look spectacular. Great job.