Saturday, January 02, 2016

House Mouse and Verve

Good morning! One of my goals this year is to get back to the fun of posting a card every day or so and today I actually have two to share  that are on opposite ends of the elegant / whimsical scale.

First let's do whimsical!  The Free for All challenge at SCS yesterday was to make a card with something that was iced, and I had this adorable House Mouse image all ready to color, so it was the perfect choice.  My mom always made us angel food cake with pink frosting on our birthdays, so, of course, I had to color it pink!!


I'm going to sneak this under the wire at the House Mouse Anything Goes challenge, too. :)

The next card I made is for the Viva La Verve challenge.  I used MFT's gorgeous Blueprints 20 dies for the scalloped layer around the outside and the stitched rectangle.  I would be perfectly happy to use that scalloped layer on every. single. card.  Seriously!!


The flowers are from Verve's Surely Goodness set, cut out with the matching dies.  I embossed them on Kraft and then colored them with Spectrum Noir markers.  The pretty Scripture verse is a Verve Plain Jane - although it might be in a set by now... I'd have to check.

Thanks for stopping by today!
See you tomorrow!

Tricia


7 comments:

Lyn said...

Two beautiful cards, I love cupcakes and kind of wish I was that mouse sitting on all that yummy icing :) . Looking forward to more of your creations <3

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful House Mouse card. Love the papers you used too. Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D​

Christine said...

Gorgeous cute mousey image..these guys have all the fun..love the design papers & lovely colouring..

Thanks for sharing with us @"House MOuse and Friends Mon. chall.

smiles Christine xx

LiesyCreativeMoments said...

What a lovely House Mouse card!

Sue said...

What a fun birthday card, those mice sure know how to celebrate. Lovely background papers too. Love the memory of the pink frosting too. Thanks for sharing with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so pretty! Love the soft colors on the kraft background. Thanks for playing along at VLV!

Tracie said...

Beautiful cards Tricia, the house mouse stamp is adorable xxx Love your Viva La Verve card too - stunning, looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations :)