Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Couple Challenges

I had a whole afternoon in my stamping area, so after I cleaned my desk (which took a few minutes about an hour) and made a couple of DT cards, I decided to play with some of the new things that I got over Christmas.

First a card for this week's Mojo Monday challenge...


I watercolored my new Zinnia Bouquet from Taylored Expressions with Distress Markers, and used a new Verve set for the sentiment.

Then I made a card for Jen's Deconstructed Sketch...



This one uses itty bitty sun, cloud, and fox dies from Taylored Expressions as well as flags and a border from MFT and a hill die from The Cat's Pajamas.  I didn't even stamp on the card at all!  I used micro brads for the fox's nose and eyes instead of the tiny pieces that were included, just to add some extra dimension.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Tricia



4 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh I love these cards, those Zinnias ( I think that is what they are called) are beautiful love the colours +++
I love the tucked up corner and two banners peeking out on your second card

Bajalizzy said...

like both the zinnia and fox cards - colours are great!
(I usually take over an hour)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards. Love those watercolored flowers. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Jen Shults said...

These are both fantastic! Your watercoloring is wonderful and your little fox card is TOO STINKING CUTE! Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!