Friday, August 11, 2017

Exploring Styles: Making a Scene

Hello again, friends!

I got an early start in my craft room today and decided to channel my inner Anita Madden and try a scene card.  Scene cards intimidate me.  Yes, it's true.  Just like yesterday's grouping of flowers intimidated me.  The good thing is that there are lots of people out there who make scene cards that I love, so I did some studying of some cards I had saved on my Pinterest board and chose a couple things that I wanted to try on my card today to see how I liked it.  First, I wanted to try a blended sky/ground background, and second, I wanted to use bright colors.  Here's what I ended up with...




I used the super sweet Waddles - Fall Fun set from Your Next Stamp for my images.  I stamped them on white card stock and colored them with alcohol markers before cutting them out.  I cut out my image panel from watercolor paper with a YNS Stitched Rectangle Die and then sponged and spritzed the background while it was still in the die.  After it was dry, I attached my images.  Then I stamped the SMILE (from Phoebe and Pets) in Versamark, embossed it in white and cut it out.  Finally I stamped the "You Make Me" in Versafine Black on my completed panel... which made me nervous that I would totally mess it up!!  (And, yes, I could have used my MISTI, but, ummm, it was buried under my pile and I couldn't see it... #trueconfessions).  I've really liked the look of using patterned paper to cover the entire front of the card base, so I attached my scene to a piece of WeRMemoryKeepers "Happy Camper" and then attached it to my card.

My take on this style...  I like it!  It takes me out of my comfort level, so I'll need more practice, but I like the playfulness of the card and it would be fun to send.

I'm entering this in the Color Challenge over at Your Next Stamp...


Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia



2 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

You did a marvelous job on this scene. Waiting for Autumn, for sure!

Lisa Lara said...

SQUEE! I just love how you used Wattle with the YNS challenge colors gf.