Saturday, August 12, 2017

Exploring Styles: Black Matting

Hello again!

I'm back with another card and today I'm exploring the style of using black mats under your layers.  There are a number of people who do this style very well - Gina K and Kristie Marcotte come to mind right away.  I always love the pop that the contrasting layers give the finished card.

I used a sweet set called Woodland Cuties by Your Next Stamp for the main image and added a hand drawn butterfly and a sweet little mushroom from another YNS set called Plant Some Kindness.  Here's my card...


My take on this style:  I really like parts of the card, but I think the final product is too bold for me.  Maybe it is the papers that I chose or the image, but I think I'm more comfortable with layering with other colors or Kraft card stock, rather than black.  What do you think??

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cute! I like how the black mats make the colors pop. Cute image, too. :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I like using black as it makes your focal point really stand out.

Lisa Lara said...

Super cute card Tricia. I love how you used two kinds of dp. What a sweet little image!