Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends here in the States!! I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends!
Since Thanksgiving seems to have become the opening of the Christmas season I wanted a card for today that hinted at both holidays. I settled on a Thank You sentiment, a Christmas paper pack, and a warm and cozy owl. :)
Mr. Owl can be sort of intimidating. Here's some of the tricks I used on him...
* Cut the owl body out of a lighter color than his wing. I used a piece of DCWV adhesive cork for his wing to add some texture.
* I cut a piece of green patterned paper with the bottom of the die and then cut out the leaf portion. I glued these leaves to the owl diecut, and I handcut another leaf to give it more dimension.
* I used a Spectrum Noir marker to color the owl's beak, eyes and ears.
* I cut a piece of paper and adhered it behind his eyes so he didn't look hollow. :)
* I cut the scarf out of patterned paper to add some color.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Here's my Stamp Simply Shopping list!!