Thursday, November 26, 2015

{Stamp Simply} Many Thanks


Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving to my friends here in the States!! I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends!

Since Thanksgiving seems to have become the opening of the Christmas season I wanted a card for today that hinted at both holidays.  I settled on a Thank You sentiment, a Christmas paper pack, and a warm and cozy owl. :)

Mr. Owl can be sort of intimidating.  Here's some of the tricks I used on him...

* Cut the owl body out of a lighter color than his wing.  I used a piece of DCWV adhesive cork for his wing to add some texture.

* I cut a piece of green patterned paper with the bottom of the die and then cut out the leaf portion.  I glued these leaves to the owl diecut, and I handcut another leaf to give it more dimension.

* I used a Spectrum Noir marker to color the owl's beak, eyes and ears.

* I cut a piece of paper and adhered it behind his eyes so he didn't look hollow. :)

* I cut the scarf out of patterned paper to add some color.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Here's my Stamp Simply Shopping list!!



Blessings!

Tricia :)

1 comment:

Kim S said...

I love all of the various textures and elements on this. It's elegant and sweet!