Wednesday, September 03, 2014

{Gina K Designs} The Simple Things Stamp TV Kit and Always Autumn



The Cast and Crew of Gina K Designs welcome you to another fabulous Inspiration Blog Hop! Gina and the Cast and Crew will inspire you with many beautiful ideas! As you hop through the blogs, make sure to leave a comment on each of them because we will be choosing a few comments to win a wonderful Grab Bag of fabulous Gina K goodies.  To see the winner announcement, check the Big News Forum at StampTV a few days after the hops.

So did you have fun looking at all the cards on the hop yesterday?  I think Autumn cards are some of my very favorites... although I'd really love a winter set that had that cute fox with a scarf on!!

You saw the fox in  The Simple Things Stamp TV kit, right???  Here's a card I posted during the release party...


I just LOVE him!  I stamped him on a Vintage Cuts Pointed Oval stamped with the coordinating frame, then masked him off and stamped the little branch behind him before I colored it all in.  The paper and sentiment are also from the kit.  The only thing I added was the Vintage Cuts border!

Here's another card with the kit...


This time I used the brick block stamp to add texture to a layer.  It is stamped in Faded Brick ink onto Tomato Soup cardstock.  The little buttons are tied with some of the Free With $25.00 gold cord, but, if I were you, I would get a whole spool of it.  I love this stuff!! 

Next up is Theresa's new set Always Autumn.  The card I shared during the release party used no patterned paper and lots of coloring with my Spectrum Noir markers...


Prickly Pear, Dark Chocolate, Gold Cord, Dark Chocolate Buttons, Vintage Cuts borders, gingham ribbon...  All the little things can make a card come together so easily!

For my second card with Theresa's set I used more of the Garden Tour paper that was free with a $50 purchase last month and is now available to buy.  I fell in love with this pretty pattern and wanted to show you that the  Always Autumn set doesn't have to always be used for Autumn cards! :)


(BTW, the piercing around the circle is done with some new pierced Spellbinder dies.  I love the look, so I got them in all the classic shapes so I don't have to do as much stitching on my cards!! :)  LOL)
For this card I stamped the flower first, colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and cut it out.  Then I popped it up on a diecut and embossed circle on which I had stamped the Many Thanks greeting that I had curved on the block.  The burlap and gingham ribbon, as well as the Cranberry paper, are all from the Stamp TV kit.

OK, just one more!  
This one features this month's Free with $75.00 stamp duo - Love You More.


I played with my new pierced dies again, this time the square ones, and kept my color combination very classic - kraft, dark chocolate, ivory and fresh asparagus.  I stamped the border twice on my ivory layer and matted it on dark chocolate.  After attaching it to my card base, I added a Fresh Asparagus Vintage Cuts border, and then hand cut a little banner for the sentiment.  My card is 4.25" square - the perfect size to still fit in an A2 envelope! :)

WHEW!  That was a lot! : )  Thanks so much for stopping by!
  Remember that all of the new products are available NOW at Gina K Designs, and be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration with the new sets.  Here's the info and the list ...

    56 comments:

    Theresa Momber said...

    Tricia, your cards are so beautiful and your coloring is amazing! Love!

    Karen Hightower said...

    Tricia, Your cards are gorgeous. I love your coloring on that sweet fox. I love how you used the brick stamp behind the leaf image. Your pumpkins are beautifully colored as well as that pink flower. Love them all. :)

    Melanie said...

    Those are all terrific! Your photos are *so* nice, too. Fox and pumpkins are my faves!

    Melissa said...

    Oops! I scrolled too far and commented on the next section. I just loved all the cards I kept going! The fox is adorable and your leaf card, the colors, they just blend to well and are so beautiful!!

    Dawn S. said...

    Beautiful cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    nzillingworth said...

    THE FOX IS MY FAVORITE ONE. LIKE YOU HAVE COLOURED THE SUNFLOWER IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR JUST SHOWS YOU CAN USE THEM AFTER AUTUMN. BRILL JOB.

    Karen (TLgirl353) said...

    They are all very nice, but I especially like the one with the pumpkins!

    coolmommaweed said...

    Cute fox card. I was wondering how he could be used. Thanks for sharing.

    Judy Inukai said...

    Super cards. Love the pink sunflower. The fox card is darling. Great inspiration.

    jeb said...

    I love your cards. Gina is very fortunate to have all of these talented designers. I am getting deeper and deeper in debt. LOL

    Dee Earnshaw said...

    Gorgeous cards, Tricia - love the color combinations, accents and texture you have used to make them really POP!!!
    Thank you so much for the inspiration

    Daylene said...

    Thanks for the inspiration. Love all the styles you use and materials.

    Unknown said...

    Cute fox!! I love the brick and leaf card, beautiful and the burlap certainly adds texture. All your cards are wonderful!!

    Laurie Schmidlin said...

    Oh Tricia, there is SO much gorgeousness here! Wow!!! Card after card with beautiful details and layers!! You are a very talented designer!!

    Rose Hackman said...

    I love the last card. What a fun way to use the border stamp. I might just have to place a big order now!

    Judi said...

    You did a great job on your cards! The colors on the first card looks so cheery for an autumn card. The buttons on the second card look great on there. Wonderful coloring on your 3rd card and the shadowing looks real. Great colors on your Many Thanks card. You can never go wrong with a classic card.

    Sandy M said...

    I had a hard time choosing my favorite from so many cute cards. Loved each and every one of them.

    ~ Connie said...

    Your designs are so beautiful and your coloring is great. Anxious to get busy and try your inspirations. Thanks!

    clelie said...

    Love this fall paper...the deep blue and fall colors!

    Iris said...

    Great cards - love the Fall images and colors.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    Unknown said...

    Your cards are really pretty. Love the coloring too! Are these spellbinders dies available for purchase? Love them! Great job, thank you.

    Lisa K said...

    I love all of these cards. I will have to look for those new pierced dies.

    Carole said...

    Love your color combos--especially the first 2 cards. TFS.

    Parker said...

    Love the pink flower. It adds much to the palette of Autumn.

    MsJudyC said...

    All the cards are just beautiful.

    Helen F. said...

    Tricia, such beautiful cards showcasing the new stamps today and your coloring is awesome! TFS your ideas in this Blog Hop :)

    Joyce Erb said...

    I really like your use of the DP

    Golda said...

    These are all great, but that fox card really stands out. I love the border cuts you used.

    Kathy Krug said...

    Love how you used the pp and die cuts in your designs.

    Anouk said...

    great use of the brickwall, beautiful in red

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    Absolutely stunning card designs. I love the cute little fox one especially.

    Sue D said...

    Thanks for sharing all these wonderful cards.

    Unknown said...

    Great cards, Tricia! You have just filled us with inspiration on ways to use the new kit and stamp sets. Thanks!

    Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

    Love the cards especially the fox!

    mtscrapgal said...

    The brick stamp added so much to the card. Thanks for your many samples. Pretty, pretty.

    Cammi said...

    Tricia, I particularly like how you combined the pattern papers with the stamps, really nice! Thanks foe sharing your inspirations!

    cardscookiecarrotcake said...

    Thanks so much Tricia for sharing all those beautiful cards. Love them all.

    Gayle said...

    So pretty and beautifully colored.

    Unknown said...

    Where to start? I love the color combination & vintage cuts border on the fox card. I like using the brick stamp instead of plain card stock on your 2nd card. The buttons were a nice touch. The pumpkin card is beautiful and you tied everything together (vintage cuts border, button, gold cord & ribbon). Great job on the coloring you did. All your cards are well done.

    Queen-of-Cards said...

    absolutely gorgeous!

    L.A. De Valk said...

    Beautiful cards. I like those buttons on the leaf card--great composition.

    Unknown said...

    All of these cards are gorgeous! I like the fourth one best - I like how you showed that beautiful flower in a non-fall color.

    Violet said...

    Love them all but I must say the LEAF card is my favorite. The colors make it the perfect fall card!!

    Diana said...

    Awesome cards again today - so inspiring! Thank you.

    Unknown said...

    I love the addition of the lacy, feminine details and the different ways you put the gold cord through the buttons.

    Helena Wilde said...

    Love all your cards. I love the colors and the pumpkins.

    Rosy Newlun said...

    You have so much to see here, Tricia! You created such fun and interesting, inspiring cards. I love the reds in one, the leaves behind the fox in another, the interest-pulling border cuts and the piercing you even created. It's fun to see all you've done!

    Unknown said...

    Wow! Lots of cards. Lots of ideas. All were gorgeous. Thanks so much.

    Unknown said...

    Just gorgeous and so much fun! Love what you did here! Thanks so much!

    @JoyceCasaldi said...

    Beautiful Tricia!

    Sharon said...

    Beautiful cards! My favorite is the Many Thanks.

    Denise Bryant said...

    Gorgeous cards! I love the beautiful fall colors and the papers you used! The fox is another favorite... gotta get that set!

    Joni said...

    Nice cards. The fox is too cute.I guess fall is coming - great job on all the cards.

    jandbspiegel said...

    Great cards - and I agree with you on the Spellbinder dies - they really do add an extra touch to the diecut

    Leta said...

    Between the fox and the pumpkins its hard to pick a favorite. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Carol said...

    Love the new stamp sets and the collection colors! Thanks for all the inspiring crafting ideas!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com