Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Card to Tatter


This month's Diva Dare was to use an uplifting sentiment and give your card a tattered look.  I made a combo sentiment from Surely Goodness and Small Phrases, and tried to do the "tattered" thing....  not sure I succeeded.  I suppose "Birthday Wishes with all my heart" aren't as uplifting as some of the other sentiments I have, but a birthday card that someone really writes in and doesn't just sign is one that I cherish and it gets "tattered".  I have a few birthday cards my Mom wrote in before her stroke that will always be precious to me, because I won't ever get another one.  

I was SO sad when I made this card.  I can't find the larger Surely Goodness flower stamp!!!  AARRRRGGGGHHH!  I used it once and lost it.  And I love that flower!  SIGH.  I did have fun doodling on these smaller flowers, though.  I used an SU marker - the fine tip - and drew in dots and lines to give them some character. : )

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

Supplies:
Surely Goodness, Small Phrases (Verve)
MME dp
Well Worn Greetings, Fishtail Flag Layers, First Place Award Ribbon DieNamics (MFT)

7 comments:

Christine said...

What a beautiful card and a special reminder. As I was growing up, both before and after leaving home, I was always certain to send cards to my grandparents for special occasions, and if the card was merely signed, I was sure to hear from Grandpa. He'd call and ask, "Where is my letter?" My grandparents are both gone now, and mom found that they'd saved probably every card they'd received. The handwritten messages brought back lots of memories, both big and small.

Love your card and will pray that you find the large bloom stamp. I dropped a clear stamp the other day, and it landed in a bin of papers and other supplies. It took a while to find it....

Teresa Kline said...

oh wow, this is a stunner...so glad you took the Tattered Pages Verve Diva Dare....eeeccckkk a beauty!

enjoy *~*

Marisa said...

Lovely take on the dare :) Great papers and love the touch of distressing you added. Fabulous double sentiment too. Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

Melody said...

Cute, cute layout!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Love the fun colors on the flower and your softly tattered edges.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Tricia. Love those medallion flwoers and the pretty papers.

Janelle Stollfus said...

So pretty! I love the designs you created with those flowers. Hope you find your stamp soon. It's a gorgeous flower to go without. :)