Wednesday, May 01, 2013

MFT Teaser Time - Day Two



Hi everyone!  Are you excited about this release yet??  Weren't there some amazing projects yesterday???  So - on to today!  Let's talk cardstock!!  A number of years ago I had to donate all of my cardstock because of some severe allergies in my family.  I had a LOT of cardstock and there was no way I could replace it all, so I was making do with a few pieces here and there from our local craft store.  I've been looking at the MFT cardstock longingly for over a year now, but there were SO many colors to choose from! How could I pick, especially when I couldn't see them in person?  Last release I noticed that I always loved the cards made using Orange Fizz, Kraft and Sour Apple, so when I got to be GDT this month (GASP!  I'm still in shock!) I spent the money I had set aside to shop at the release on cardstock, felt, buttons and twine, all in those colors, and then added an assortment pack of cardstock so I would have lots of options for my release cards.  OH. MY. WORD.  I love this cardstock!!  It's nice and heavy and the colors are gorgeous.  I love coloring and dp as much as the next person, but it was SO fun to just stamp again!   SO.... when I saw the wonderful Mini album Square Scallop STAX in my box of goodies I knew what I had to make...

A Cardstock Sampler Ring!!


I started with kraft cardstock for my covers since it is a neutral, and then used my Uppercase By the Letters DieNamics to cut out the letters MFT from Orange Fizz, Whip Cream and Sour Apple Cardstock.  I embossed the top cover with a Swiss Dots folder, but the letters looked too plain, so I stamped the M and T with designs from the Notched Tag Sentiments set.  The little dot and grid pattern stamps are the PERFECT size to dress up your letters!  I added some faux stitching to the F to make it stand out a little more and  then dressed up the corner with a flag cut with my Fishtail Flag Layers DieNamics and a kraft button tied with hemp cord.  Then came the fun part of cutting out a piece of each color cardstock from the assortment pack using the smallest of the the Mini Album STAX.


Isn't it a pretty rainbow of colors??  I don't have the new colors that aren't in the assortment pack yet.  Those are on my list next when I order some more of my favorites.  Tangy Orange is definitely on my favorites list, along with Hot Fudge and Wild Cherry, and, and, and.... :)

After I cut out all my pieces, I used the "Sweet" image from the Chocolate Sentiments set to stamp each color with the coordinating ink, if I had it, then I wrote in the names, punched holes with my cropadile and added a huge eyelet to give the cover a little more stability.  Here's a few views of the inside...



LOL... Notice the Orange Fizz one??  I punched the hole in the wrong corner, so it's backwards in my pile.  : )


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Be sure to visit each of the DT blogs for more inspiration.  There is SO much to see and we've only just begun!!!  : )

21 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is a great idea! Love it.

Denise Bryant said...

Cute idea, and very handy! Love the shape!!! Great set of dies!

Mona Pendleton said...

Tricia, I love your project! So clever and useful! Thanks for the inspiration!

Peggy said...

Love your little card stock sampler ring! Fabulous idea!

Cindi said...

This is such a cute idea!

wendy said...

super cute!

JoAnn said...

Cute project and a great idea.TFS

Melody said...

This a such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!!!

Gypsy 2 said...

Thanks for such a great idea Tricia.
Hope you are having fun as guest designer.

JAVAGIRL said...

Great udea

JAVAGIRL said...

Great udea

Jenny said...

Ooooooo!!! LOVE this idea! I might just have to *borrow* it and make my own sampler!! So glad you are joining us this month :) And I agree- MFT is the BEST CS I've tried yet!!!

Lisa H. said...

great idea. I always tell myself I need to make myself one of these. Yours is sweet!

stampingbowd said...

What a fabulous idea!!!! Awesome!

Tracey said...

Awesome idea! I need one of these AND all of the products that go with it!!

KWaltemathDesigns said...

great idea!

Tammy H said...

A great idea to keep the color options straight. I often get confused with all the various colors.

Golda said...

Such a fun idea! And, so quick and easy to find what you're looking for.

Deanne Gutierrez said...

This is great!

Alina said...

Lovely organization tip!