Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fancy Fold Gift Card Holder

One of the LoveFest Challenges over on SplitCoast Stampers is to make a card with lots of folds.  I wasn't sure what to make, but I knew I wanted to combine it with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge to use red, so I pulled out some papers from My Mind's Eye and a card base that I had and went to work.

The first thing on the fold challenge was that it wasn't supposed to be a normal A2 card, so I decided to cut my card base down to 4x4.  Then I had this fun narrow folded piece left and an idea for a gift card holder came! : )  Let me see if I can show you all the parts in the pictures...

Here is the front...

MME Here and There; Fishtail Flags Dies, All Occasion Sentiments (MFT)

Which opens up to this...

MME paper, Upsy Daisy and Flower Trio DieNamics, TagLines (Flourishes)

Which opens up to this!  Isn't that Joann's gift card perfect with this paper??

MME paper, Joann's Gift Card, Botanical Bookplates (Flourishes)

Here's a closer look.  Can you see how the narrow folded piece became the pocket for the gift card??



And here's a picture of all the layers...



 Thanks for stopping by!!

Tricia


6 comments:

Karen Harris said...

What an awesome idea! All the elements of your card are simply delicious. TFS

Karen Harris said...

Your card is awesome! I love your paper and embellishment choices. The design is amazing. TFS!

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so cool! Love the card design and the fun elements you used! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

Shawn said...

This is one of my favourite projects. All your embellishments, yes including the gift card go together beautifully. The papers are gorgeous! Thank you for taking part in the Scor-Pal challenge.
Diana

Shawn said...

Absolutely awesome!

Allison Cope said...

This is stunning Tricia! Love the cool papers you used and your card design is awesome. Going have to try that style soon. Thanks for joining us this week at Flourishes!