Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday Blog Hop!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my stop on the Sweet n Sassy Birthday Blog Hop!  I have had the very great privilege of serving on both the digital and clear stamp design teams for Sweet n Sassy at different times over the last few years, and what fun it has been!  I'm thrilled to be participating in today's Hop!



Now, if you've followed my blog at all, you know that I *love* Rhubarb and Cocoa, but for today's special event I used another of my favorite digis... "Poppies".  I don't know that Poppies are ever pink, but I love the fact that I can color flowers any color and they still look good! : )  I colored the Poppies with copics and matted them, adding some stitching for texture.  The Scripture verse is from the digital set "Amazing Grace", and the "Praying for You" sentiment is from the clear stamp set "Poppies and Greetings".

Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to leave a comment!  Why? Because Korin will be choosing a random commenter from 4 different blogs on the hop to receive a $15 store credit!  To be included in the drawings your comments must be left by midnight EST Friday, November 30th, so hurry, hurry, hurry!! : )  The winners will be announced on the SNSS Blog on December 1st at 8 am EST.  See you there!



22 comments:

merrymstamper said...

Love these poppies in Pink! The addition of Kraft is perfect!

synthis said...

Very nicely done! :D I like the colors you chose. They really offset each other.

Robyn said...

Oh, I have some of these ingredients! Hope mine turns out so well!

Nana Griffin said...

So very lovely.

RitaR said...

I REALLY love the look of the kraft with your pink poppies! I always love flower images and scripture ... but I never think to use kraft cardstock as my base.

Sharon Huffman said...

I love anything with Kraft and this is no exception. Very nice!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Tricia. Love the gorgeous poppies. That was one of the first images I got from SNSS. The pink looks great with brown.

Anita said...

Amazing card! I love the colors.

Mary K said...

This card is so beautiful with it's back to nature coloring! Great job!

Mary-Anne V said...

such a beautiful card...the image stands out so elegantly from the kraft base.

Karen McAlpine said...

Very pretty poppies! They look great in pink!

Shannon White said...

Wowie! Is this Ever Beautiful! Love the Lovely poppies and Wonderful embossed kraft BG! Really Lovely! 8-)

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wow - your pinks just pop against that cocoa color - gorgeous card!

Jennifer said...

Oh Beautiful! I love this set you've used and I love the stitching and sentiment that you've used!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

beautiful card...great color combo!

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Tricia! Such a comforting scripture as well.

Sue D said...

Lovely card. I like the embossing on kraft and the pop of pink.

Unknown said...

Like the pink and brown. And the poppies look so real. Good job!

acpriess said...

I really like the pink with the kraft. What a beautiful sentiment you chose as well.

MariLynn said...

Beautiful card.

Jo4Him said...

Awesome card; love that color combo. Thanks for sharing

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the Kraft and pink!!!! So pretty!