Monday, May 07, 2012

Joy, Joy!


Today's card looks a little more "fancy" than my normal ones do, but most of that comes from the layers and die cuts that I used.  I was following the sketch for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer challenge on SCS so I pulled out the adorable little Violin Girl stamp and paper pieced her jumper after I had colored her with copics.  I popped her up on a scalloped rectangle cut and embossed with a Spellbinders die, then layered that on a fancy little background layer that I had pieced together from scraps of dp and kraft paper that happened to be on my desk. : )  The sweet little open scallop on the top is another MFT die and the backwards scallop on the bottom (in kraft) is actually the piece of paper that was left over after I cut out the top one.  The Flower and Leaf trio Dienamics make wonderful flat flowers in just the right size, and the Mini Tabs Dienamics was perfect for half of a sentiment from the Happy Thoughts set.  The sketch had some horizontal bands behind the main image and I tried all sorts of things before settling on some sweet bakers twine.  I love the look of the stripes against the polka dots!

I love the fact that even though my design is a little busy, this is still a flat enough card to mail in a regular envelope with regular postage.  I'll save it for someone extra special!

SIMPLE TIP:  Die cuts are a wonderful way to add a polished look to a card!  Here are the MFT dies I used on today's card ...


Flower and Leaf Trio
Little Open Scallop Strip
Mini Tab Foursome

Blessings!

Tricia

2 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh gorgeous ... mmmmmm need to come over for some lessons mine seem rather tame and boring compared to your beautiful ones :) love mouse xxxxx

Danni said...

Very pretty card with just the right touches!