Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Grace


Today's card isn't flat enough to mail without extra postage, so I'll put it in my "special cards for special people" pile and mail it with a package.  I used a new stamp set today -- one called "Grace" by Our Daily Bread Designs, and I made the card for this week's Shining the Light inspiration challenge.  I decided to use the colors from pictures 1 and 2.   I colored my image with copics and then added a little prismacolor pencil to the top.

SIMPLE TIP:

To tone down the white paper I had stamped my image on, I colored it with YR000 and then went around the edges with E41.  This helped it to blend with the ivory base layer and helped the flowers to "pop" off the page a little. : )

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning card Tricia!! I just love your colors, choice of papers and your layout! Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Ligth challenge this week!!
blessings,
Chris

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card Tricia, fab image too.
luv
Debby

Mouse said...

ohhhh simply gorgeous ..... must find some time to have a play with my carding stuff too :) love mouse xxxxx

Cards By Jan said...

This is a Gorgeous card Tricia...."Stunning" actually, beautiful colours and Congrats!!