Thursday, May 03, 2012

Freshly Made


Hello friends!

I took a little blog sabbatical to really think through why I blogged and why I stamped, what my stamping style is and whether the time that blogging takes was worth fitting in to my schedule.  I even considered stopping stamping all together! My husband made an interesting comment when I first mentioned it to him, though ...  "If you stopped, I think you would miss it", and he was right, wise man that he is!  I've missed sharing with you all !!  

I did realize some interesting things as I was reading over my first posts from this blog, and I was surprised at how far I had moved from it's original purpose, which was to show that you could make lovely cards that were still able to be mailed, and that wouldn't require you to have access to every supply available.  So when I found the Freshly Made challenge this week I knew that I had to participate.

For my card I used a sweet digi image from Whimsy and Stars that I colored with copics and cut out with a Classic Rectangle die.  The sentiment is from a Verve set called Making a Statement, and the dp is leftover from a Stella Rose and Mabelle pad by My Minds Eye.  I did pop up the main image for a little dimension and added a few pearl embellishments.  

SIMPLE TIP...  Having the main image popped up gives the card a little height and will protect the pearls a little when I mail the card.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Tricia


8 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

So glad you decided to keep blogging. I wouldn't want to have missed this card! I love the image and the perfect way you colored it, and the DSPs are the perfect compliment. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Tricia, this is a really sweet little card. Your colouring is absolutely gorgeous. Glad you decided not to give up stamping/blogging - we all would have missed out on this gem. :)

Heather said...

Tricia, I am glad that you are sharing your cards again. I love your style! ;o)

Mouse said...

ohhhhh that is gorgeous ... and wish I could pop over for some lessons ... not carded for ages either and miss playing with my stash .... love mouse xxxx

Danni said...

Very happy to see you blogging again! I've missed your gorgeous cards! This one is no exception, very pretty!

Chelsea said...

I love it and glad to see you back!

Chris said...

I've been wondering what you were up to. I think we all need a break from time to time and I am thrilled that you will continue!

Tui Nathan said...

What a gorgoeus card this is Tricia ... that image is adorable and you have coloured her beautifully ... I love your panels - love the DSP, love the red mats ... very striking!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!
So glad you have continued to blog .... your creations are really lovely!