Thursday, November 17, 2011

Holiday Planner


The Verve Get Your Diva On Challenge for this month was to make something inspired by this photo...


Looks Christmas-y, huh?? : )

I've had a project in the back of my mind for awhile now and this was the extra push I needed.  Presenting........ my holiday planner!



Here's a close up of some of the details... They're hard to see because it's hard to get a clear picture of an 8.5" x 11" planner!  I used the frame from To the Moon and cut it out with a nestie, then I punched a square in the middle with my 3/4" square punch and folded back the edged to make a little frame.  The hearts are from the "From the Heart" die set and the mittens are from the Winter Mittens set.    Would you like to see my inside pages???


Some of you may not know that I own a Christian day planner business called GraceWorks.  Along with our full line of classic and petite size pages, binders and accessories, we also carry the Home Journal - an 8.5" x 11" option with downloadable pages, made to fit in a 3-ring binder.  I decided to do some "research and development" and make some personalized pages for my planner and I chose to only print November and December pages.  That way I can concentrate on the holiday season!

Here's the monthly calendar, with some font changes and made into a two page per month, rather than one page per month...  You'll see some monthly "to do's" take from our "Monthly Home Blessings" download on the side...


 Next comes a personalized version of our Weekly Home Journal page, listing all my weekly housekeeping chores, and giving me plenty of space to keep up with my other responsibilities...
(Notice the tabs on the side?  The monthly calendar is printed on GP #110 cardstock from Wal-Mart, rather than the standard text weight paper that the rest is printed on, so I stapled on tabs to each month so I could flip to them easily.  The last brown tab is for the weekly planning pages and is stapled to another cardstock divider.)


Here's a look at the Weekly Calendar with a spot for Menus.  No changes from the original here!


And here's a brand new page just for me!  I hate trying to keep up with every challenge out there, I'd rather pick a few and try to do them as I can.  So... I picked out a number of challenges for each day and listed them here for the week, with a blank column next to them for sketches and other info.  If I run out of room, the page across from this is notepaper! : )


I also made a pocket on one of the front divider sheets, so I can keep receipts and bills handy throughout the season.  I gave it a chipboard back (the front is decorated chipboard as well) and a crystal clear acetate cover, then took it to town with me today and had them bind it at Staples.  

I LOVE IT!  I love the fact that it is not too bulky and that there is plenty of room for me to write - especially all those lists of Christmas presents I'm supposed to be working on.  I love being able to fold it back on itself and I love the pretty cover!  I can make a new cover for each season and print the pages in sections, making changes along the way.  Yippee!! : )

Here's the cover again...



Thanks for looking!! Blessings!

Tricia

5 comments:

Shari said...

oh Tricia, that is beautiful...you are so creative....love it...

Patti J said...

Great project, Tricia! Thanks for sharing...

Risa said...

LOOK T YOU Mrs. Crafty Organization! Beautiful project. I love the personal side you show with the pages that have your hand drawn sketches. Hope you are well my friend. Hugz.

Christine Pennington said...

beautiful! i so need the challenge pages. ;o)

Michelle said...

Love, love, love this project! I was so glad to find your blog the other day. (Can't remember how I stumbled upon it.) I used your Grace Planners years ago and have been thinkingI should do that again. I have a calendar to follow challenges as well but I like your idea of one page per week. Thanks so much for everything.
God bless,
Michelle