Thursday, October 13, 2011

More Homemade Embellishments




Hello friends!

It's been a long day for me, even though it's only two in the afternoon!  I had a dentist appointment today and I don't like the dentist.  I can't have anesthetic so I simply had to rest and pray through getting my tooth filled, and my mouth really isn't very happy at the moment!

When I got home I thought stamping would be good for my throbbing mouth - don't know why exactly, but it sounded good!  Besides I had another idea for a homemade embellishment for the Get Your Diva on Challenge, and I wanted to use the MFT Wednesday Sketch, so I gathered up a few cupcake liners and went to work.  I stacked three liners together and cut them out with two small scalloped circle dies, then cut out the inside to the flower with a small snowflake nestie.  I crumpled it all up after putting a brad in the center and smoothed it out to make the flower.  The cute little leaves are from the Verve coffee set - "Better with You".  I think they are supposed to be used to decorate the cup, but aren't they adorable??  Then I added some fronds punched with a MS punch for some extra dimension.  My tag actually follows the layout of the Verve insert that you get with the Plain Jane stamps.  I love how it turned out!!!!  A few pearls later, it was all done.

I'm entering this in...

Verve GYDO Challenge - Homemade Embellishment
MFTWSC#41- Sketch
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Think Pink


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Tricia

5 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Loved your liner flower - you card is quite beautiful. Hope your tootth is better.

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely incredible flower! Beautiful card. Love the sentiment -- so perfect for a Think Pink card. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
NanaConnie TT DT

Carrie said...

Love the flower! I had 2 cavities filled this week.

Chelsea said...

Great flower!

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the flower and the powerful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Hope you will join us again! *Vicki* - Oct GDT