Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cocoa's Gift

Guess what, guess what, guess what??????? :-) A friend called last night and told me that there were markers for 75% off at our "local" Ben Franklin for sidewalk sale days. Like any good stamper/sale shopper, I jumped in the car immediately and drove the half hour to see what I could find. And what a *find* it was!!!! I was able to get 60 markers - half Tombow markers for watercoloring and half promarkers, which are basically non-refillable copics - for 75 cents each!!!! What makes it even better is that I had a $30.00 gift certificate. So I spent $25 for 60 markers. A savings of $155.00. Isn't God good???????

Now, I'll be the first to admit that this example of watercoloring isn't my best work. I need to heat set my ink and I forgot to, so it smeared some. But I was remembering as I went... and it's good enough to send, so I didn't start over. Sometimes good enough is good enough. :-)

I used the sketch from Sketch & Stash and I'm posting it just under the wire, I think. The image is from a new clear set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps called Cocoa's Gift, and you'll notice in the background, I made more "designer paper" with my Impression Obsession Quilt background stamp from Paper Garden Projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Blessings!

Tricia

5 comments:

Korin said...

He turned out super cute :). God certainly is good. Rejoicing along with you :)!

cristinoel said...

Sometimes that little bit of bleed improves things a little I think,

Kathlene said...

Well I think it's colored beautifully! Such a cute card and so happy for your excellent purchase.

Jill said...

beautiful card Tricia, your colouring looks fab and I love the papers too thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Tricia :-) The image is adorable and your colouring is lovely !! WOW what a bargain you had there !!! well done !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Sketch and Stash Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x