Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pansies

I think some of my favorite spring flowers are pansies. Pansies and tulips. Pansies and tulips and lilacs. Pansies and tulips and lilacs and lilies of the valley... OK - so all spring flowers! :-) These particular pansies are from a Flourishes Set called Year of Flowers 1 that I got at Paper Garden Projects. These stamps are really easy to color. Something I just love! To color the pansies, I simply started in the center with my TerraCotta Promarker, then colored a little B02, then a little B00, Then a little Goo and then filled in the flower with E41, my new favorite color. I dabbed in a little yellow pastel around the outside and cut the focal image out with a classic rectangle nestie. Since this card is for the Paper Garden Embossing Challenge, I embossed a piece of River Rock cardstock with a Cuttlebug folder that I had inked with River Rock ink. Then I sponged a little Soft Suede around the edges for some definition. The paper is Farm Fresh by October Afternoon.

I really hope you'll join our challenge this week! There's a fun prize up for grabs!!

See you there!!

Tricia

No comments: