Sunday, March 07, 2010

Cross Stitch Weekend WrapUp

It's Monday! Which means it's time for another Weekend WrapUp of my *other* hobby... Let's see...My *favorite* finish of the week is "Tiny House" - a free chart that we got for being a member of the LHN/CCN Yahoo Group. I used a piece of linen from my stash and pulled out a number of overdyed floss colors that I liked.... paying no attention to the recommended colors. {{insert sheepish grin here}} I really, really like how it turned out. Really, really. Now I need to decide how I want to finish it. I'm thinking maybe a needle/scissors book. Hmmmm.... Hopefully I'll have it to show you by next Monday!


Here's the progress on the stocking. I did get 3 more blocks done and a little bit more of the bottom border worked. Yay! Slowly but surely! I'd really like to finish the rest of the blocks this week. We'll see!

And my last project for the week...I finished my Lizzie Kate Spring ABC's Snippet and made it into a little pillow. Next time I think I would use the recommended overdyed flosses... the DMC was a little bright. But it's cute and looks very Springy!

This coming weekend I get to make a visit to my LNS... which is 2 1/2 hours away. :-) I need to spend some time this week making a shopping list of flosses, fabric and a pattern or two that I'd like to pick up. I know she stocks lots of Little House Needleworks patterns, and I'd love to pick one or two up... it all depends on how frugal I can be this week. I'm really not sure what I'm going to kit up next. I have a 1/1 Bent Creek snowman that is half done - so I guess I'll finish him while I'm deciding. I would like to do the LHN Snow Bunny Ornament, too, but all I have is a hunk of tan colored linen here. Maybe I'll gather the threads and see how they would look on it. It would be a fun stitch.

Thanks so much for stopping by! You all encourage and inspire me!! Blessings!

Tricia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!! the LHN house is adorable and your LK spring pillow is very springy! I don't have a LNS close by either; about an hour's drive and I almost never go. I rely on the internet heavily now.
Have fun shopping!

Jackie said...

Love the LHN piece. It is beautiful and so is LK. Cards are always inspiring.
Jackie.

Milly~ said...

The LHN freebie turned out great. I love your LK pillow.

Cynimin said...

Great stitching! And happy shopping!

CarlaKH said...

YOu are so talented! Each of those is great!

Kathy said...

Your tiny LHN house is just adorable. And I love, love, love your pillow! Fabulous finishing.

Have fun at your LNS.