Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CDS Day 4 Sneaks!!

Do any of you have sons or daughters training in the Martial Arts? My 16 yo ds recently started karate and just loves it, so I knew immediately that I wanted to create with this set when I saw it! I made two cards with the set and tried to keep them very "manly" - so I could give them to my son when he graduates to the next belt level, or maybe after he competes in his first form tournament in a few weeks. It's hard for me to create without using ribbon, I must admit! I did get in a few brads and some tearing, though. It made me feel better. :-)

My next card, though, is totally opposite. It uses stamps from this month's Stamp of the Month set called "Topped with Class" that you can get for FREE when you spend $50 at the Clear Dollar Stamp store.
I stamped the pretty bonnet on white cardstock and colored it with Copics with lovely spring pinks and greens and blues. More micro brads, sheer dotted ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, stitching... Ahhhh.... Pretty & feminine!! :-)

OK - one more guy card. Not even any brads on this one! I used the beanie in the set along with a cute sentiment, and added lots of layers for some interest. Perfect for your favorite graduate or a little boy in your life!

So there you have it! And they will all be in the Clear Dollar Stamps store tomorrow! Happy shopping!!


Clear Dollar Stamps Preview Team:


CDS STAMPS USED: Martial Arts
CS/PAPERS: Vanilla, Brown CS, Flair DP
INK: Memento tuxedo black, Soft Suede
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Long Rectangle (Scalloped) Die, Sewing Machine, Brads, Sponge

CDS STAMPS USED: Martial Arts
CS/PAPERS: Vanilla, Brown, Garden Green CS, SU DP
INK: Soft Suede, River Rock
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Ticket Punch, Sewing Machine, Micro Brads, Sponge

CDS STAMPS USED: Topped with Class
CS/PAPERS: White, Regal Rose, Turquoise, Pink CS, BoBunny DP
INK: Memento Black
MARKERS: Copics B00, B02, B04, YG03, R20, RV13, RV42, R37
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Sewing Machine, Micro Brads, Sponge, Ribbon, Scalloped Oval Punch

CDS STAMPS USED: Topped with Class
CS/PAPERS: White,Olive, Green Galore, Soft Suede CS, K & Co and BoBunny DP
INK: Memento Black, Green Galore, also Turquoise & Green Galore Markers
MARKERS: Copics YG03, B02, C01
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Sewing Machine, Deckle Scissors, Classic Rectangle Die, White Gel Pen, Sponge

CDS DIGI STAMPS USED: Deer Wishes Digi
CS/PAPERS: Cocoa, Caramel, Red, White CS, K&Co DP
MARKERS: Copics E31, 33, 34, 55, 37, 49; R22, 29, 37, Y17, G00, YG91, 95
COLORING: Copics & Prismacolors w/OMS
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Regular & Scalloped Circle Die, Labels 8 Die, Micro Brads, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Button, Twine

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey Tricia! Your bonnet card is so a favorite of mine this month! Great colors and coloring! Male cards are so hard to make, but you nailed the martial arts ones ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

These are awesome martial arts cards. I like the tearing and the way you used the images on the second card. Your hards are darling, beautiful coloring.

Linda Anderson said...

All of your cards are fabulous Tricia!!! Of course I'm partial to the martial arts cards, but I love your blue and green beenie card too! So sweet!!!

Linda

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Tricia, love all the ripped paper look on so many of your cards! That is really fun how you did the second martial arts card with all the images. They are all really neat! Great job with all the sets this month. I will miss you while you are on vacation! :o(

Tammi said...

Oh wow, lots of amazing cards here Tricia! No one in martial arts here, your cards are great!