Tuesday, March 30, 2010

CDS Day 3 - Farm Fun, Skating & News!!

Hay, everyone! :-) It's day three of the Clear Dollar Stamps April countdown and I have a gob of things to show you today!! First off, I have an adorable set by Wendy Hall to show you called Fun at the Farm. I used the cute horse and the haystacks for my first card and practiced my masking technique, so it looks like the horse is sitting in front of the hay. The animals in this set are just *so* much fun to color! Check out the chicken on the next card...

Isn't that a great saying? I colored the chicken with a ProMarker that I picked up at Ben Franklin and then added her feathers with an E37 Copic. The ProMarkers don't come in as many colors as Copics and they are a little harder to use because they have a bullet tip (think Sharpie pen) instead of the brush nib like the Copics. BUT they are under $3 each, and they blend just fine. I'm not sure if I'll get a lot of them, but it was definitely worth a try!

The next set that I'm previewing today is called Graceful Skater. I immediately thought of the Winter Olympics when I saw this set, so I pulled out a piece of "Frosted" paper and some premade snowflake doodads and made a quick and easy card.

Now... are you ready for some news??? Clear Dollar Stamps is releasing some digital images this month!!! Really! I have two of them to show you today that I know you'll **just love**!!

This first image is just so "deer"!! It has wonderful sayings with it, like Special Delivery, Sending Holiday Wishes and this birthday greeting. I just love it! There are a few nice things about digis. They cost less and they take up less room. It's hard to go wrong when you can get a set of 4 digi stamps for $3.00! :-)


All right, in my opinion I saved the best for last. Not only is this my very most favorite CDS Stamp of the Month set *ever*, made into a digi stamp set, but, I also got to use Clear Dollar's new Clearly Coordinating cardstock and ribbon!!! YAY!!! It's much lighterweight than I'm used to, and I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I do! In fact I really, really like it! I can layer and layer and still not have a "top heavy" card. It embosses beautifully, too!! And the colors! The ones I used were Lime Juice, Bubble Gum, Tickled Pink and Bee Pollen. Aren't they fun names?I can't wait to see the whole color lineup as it is released. *And* getting all this for an affordable price... Ahhhh. It makes me smile!!

Well, that's it for today! Tomorrow is the last day of sneaks and then you'll be able to start shopping!

Remember to visit the other gals on the Clear Dollar Stamps Preview Team for more inspiration!


Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

CDS STAMPS USED: Fun at the Farm
CS/PAPERS: White, Soft Suede, Aqua, River Rock CS, October Afternoon DP
INK: Memento tuxedo black, Soft Suede
MARKERS: R02, E34, E31, E37, E49, Y17, Y26, E43, YG91, YG03, YG63, Y21
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Scallop Border Punch, Word Window Punch, 1/2" circle punch, brads, sewing machine, sponge
COLORING: Copic Markers

CDS STAMPS USED: Fun at the Farm
CS/PAPERS: Vanilla, brown cs, SU and K&Co DP
INK: Memento tuxedo black
MARKERS: R37, E37, E00, TerraCotta Promarker
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Scallop & Regular Circle Punches, Sewing Machine
COLORING: Copic and Pro Markers

CDS STAMPS USED: Graceful Skater
CS/PAPERS: Light Blue, Burgundy, Pink CS, Pink Paislee dp
INK: Memento tuxedo black, Baroque Burgundy
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Premade Snowflake Embellishments, Sewing Machine

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Hey Tricia, these are all awesome, but I have to say that my faves are your digital ones. So full of color and such fun images. . .love them. Those were some of my favorite CDS SOMs too :D

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous! Oh these are all so pretty! I like the snowflakes you added to your skater, very pretty. Your farm animals are adorable and both have awesome layouts. The colors on your moose are awesome and he is super cute. Darling darling little dear and layout. I like ALL of them so much!

Wendy Hall said...

Wow Tricia, your have been super busy. These are all fantastic!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, these cards are all so fun.

Kevin Renz said...

Lots of fun you are sharing today... every single one is awesome.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Tricia, always love your cards girl! The sentiments are just too cute on the farm set. I love your skater card with the snowflakes. Beautiful. Totally adorable cards for the digi's. Just wonderful work! Keep it up!

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful creations Tricia. I love the dp with the skater. Love the colors with your first farm card. Wonderful. Very talented. Love your digi creations.

Linda Borneman said...

Hi Tricia! Wow, you've been up to your nose in stamping, girl! And it all paid off, too! LOL

Look at that adorable "Fun at the Farm" horse/haystack card!! How cute is this with the darling designer papers, cute scallops, little brads and fun stitching! Cute!

And my fav is this chicken card! Love the cute red coordinating papers on this! It is A-DORABLE! Your great, fun stitching and I love how you tore the edge of the sentiment.

Your "Graceful Skater" card is so pretty, frosty and elegant! Love all the pretty details on this.

Oh Tricia, you have colored this darling deer image scene perfectly! It really comes to life with your coloring, and your cute papers and layout. Beautiful work!

And wow, great colors together for your moose card! It is another fav of mine! Love the pretty scalloped frame around the image and the ribbon, too!