Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Cross Stitch Tuesday

Good Morning everyone! Have you done all your shopping for the new releases at Clear Dollar Stamps yet?? Weren't those just the *cutest* stamps??? Today I'm taking a break from cards to show some of my Cross Stitch Works in Progress and Finishes (hopefully) in Progress for this week. I joined a cross stitch Yahoo Group just recently because I have *so* many projects that I need to work on and I thought it would be fun to have some encouragement - just like we encourage each other in our card-making.

I have two works in progress. The first one is by Little House Needleworks, and is called Blessed are the Meek. This one I work on for about 15 minutes every afternoon while my dd makes her daily stop at the library.

The second work in progress is an Heirloom Stocking from one of the old Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazines. It's called Stitcher's Studio. I can only work on this one an hour or two a week. My goal is to have it done by next Christmas for DD. I actually had another stocking half finished for her before I realized that either the threads or fabric were giving me hives on my hands every time I worked on it. Maybe I'll post it another day as a Christmas giveaway!

The two things I would like to finish this week are this little Lizzie n Kate dog cross stitch - it's for dd#2 for Christmas.


And this adorable Shepherd's Bush sheep. I think I'm going to have to save my pennies for more of these kits. I just love how this one turned out. I'm going to try to make an easel (flat fold?) with this one - which I haven't done before, so I hope I don't ruin it!!!


Thanks for looking! I'd love to hear what handmade items you're working on for Christmas this year!

Blessings!

Tricia

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Hello Tricia,
Your progress is coming along beautifully. I see you are a SB fan also. Love them. Thank you for posting and sharing. "Keep stitching".

Cheryl said...

They are all so pretty! When ever I see your work it makes me want to try cross stitching. I am working on a couple of wall hangings and some aprons, or should I say need to be working on:o)

Tammi said...

These are wonderful, so much work goes into them! I used to cross stitch years ago. I've only made cards/altered notebooks and bags. :)

debby4000 said...

What wonderful projects, makes me feel guilty I haven't done any cross stitch lately.
luv
Debby

Shawna said...

Love the little change-up to cross stitch. How multi-talented you are! I have a little award for you. Please go to http://www.paperkissesandinkywishes.com Have a happy day!

Shawna said...

Love your blog and I am giving you a little award. Please go to my blog -----www.paperkissesandinkywishes.com

Wendy said...

Nice work. I love anything by Shepherd's Bush!