Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time for Christmas Cards!

Aren't you excited??? CDS sneak peeks start tomorrow!!! Yay! But, I wanted to leave you with one last card from this month's release using the set Christmas Scriptures. I love the verses in this set and the fact that there are so many different fonts represented. For this card I simply stamped my verse in Not Quite Navy ink and cut it out with an oval nestibilities die. I then chose the next larger size scalloped oval die and cut that out of green dp. Then I trimmed down the piece of green dp with the oval cut out of it and positioned it around my image to make a "reverse mat". It's a fun look and very quick and easy! The little Christmas tree is from the Tree Delight Tag set that was one of my fabulous finds in the CDS store. Only $2.49 for an adorable little set of 7 stamps!!

I'll see you back here tomorrow!!

Blessings!

Tricia

ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Christmas Scriptures, Tree Delight Tag
CS AND PAPERS: Whisper White, Bazzill Red, K&Co DP
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Soft Sky
MARKERS (if any): Copics R59, B05, YG63, YG67
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: oval nestibilities, scalloped oval nestibilities, dimensionals, sponge
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): copic markers and sponging
SPECIAL TECHNIQUES (if any): reverse mat with scalloped oval nestibilities

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Such a darling card, Tricia ;D

Candy F. said...

Hi Tricia -- I love how you created the frame. This card is awesome.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Wonderful design. So clever!
:-)

Laurie Wilson said...

Oooo, love the simplicity of this card! This is just so perfect for mass producing too and beautiful to give away!