Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Winter

My dd and I are accumulating quite a collection of Charlie the Horse images from Clear Dollar Stamps. This stamp is from the adorable "Charlie Snowhorse" set. I think he's supposed to just be a snowman, but I decided to use the little Christmas tree image that was in the set to make tree branches, so it would look like Charlie just got a gob of snow dumped on him. :-) If you click on the picture you should be able to see all the "snow" (aka Stickles!) on the branches.
The sentiment is a combination of two sets - the 'happy' is from Patchpal Scarecrow and the 'winter' is part of a sentiment from the Charlie set. The colors are for the Weekend Color Challenge over on PCP.

Thanks for stopping by!

Tricia

17 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Totally cute. This charlie is darling, I don't have this one if you can believe it.

Unknown said...

SOOOO cute! I love him and all his altered egos! Pam

Stacy said...

Wow Trisha, this is so cute! I love the details! And THIS is my all time favorite color combo! You did a wonderful job coloring (as usual) I wish I lived close by so you could give me some lessons
:( LOL
Have a great weekend!
Stacy

Becky Sorensen said...

I love this card - This is one of my favorite Charlie stamps. tfs,
hugs

Cassie said...

Haha, I just love this! That image is so darling and now I am wondering why I don't have it! I love that you made 'snow' fall onto Charlie. . .too cute ;D

Unknown said...

This is just soooo cute!

Christi said...

I love your card Tricia! Great Job! I love that stamp too! It is definately going on my next order!

Wendy Hall said...

Sooooooooooo cute Tricia!! I luv this stamp!!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Tricia, these colors do work well for Christmas cards don't they?! I don't have this stamp, he is soooooo cute!!!!! I love it.

Gloria Dojlido said...

How adorable. I love the CAS look to this one and the touch of the corduroy brad in the corner.

Shawne said...

Tricia this is gorgeous, I love the shades you used and that you colored Charlie's head, it is to cute!

Linsey R said...

Oh how very darling! Perfect choice for the color combo n I love how you did the neat shape of the greeting and the single lime button! Adorable card and makes me feel all warm n fuzzy inside :) goodness, xmas is right around the corner...

stampinganja said...

What a great idea! Such a cute card!
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo adorable. Tricia....that is one of my favorite Charlie images and he looks sooo cute all decked out in pink and brown!!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Tricia... love what you did with the color challenge. It turned into a beautiful card.

Candy F. said...

Such a clever idea to use the tree as a branch! This card is really sweet looking and I love the colors you chose.

Laurie Wilson said...

Aaaack! He is adorable! Love how you used the tree in the set as branches above him, Love the non traditional colors too!