Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day Three Sneak Peeks - Dog Days

I only have one set to preview for you today, but it's such a cute one!! Dog Days is a set of 18 doggy sentiments and images that will be released by Clear Dollar Stamps in just a couple of days. October 1st to be exact! This set was so full of potential that I honestly didn't know what to use first. For my first card, I decided to follow an inspiration challenge that Laurie, our DT leader, had given us. It was a pair of yellow shoes with black polka dots. It reminded me of a spotted bumble bee! With that in mind, here's my card... How did I do??? LOL!!


Supplies:
ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Dog Days
CS AND PAPERS: Whisper White, Black, Summer Sun
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fresh Snow, Summer Sun
MARKERS (if any): none
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: 1 1/4" circle punch, sponge, zigzag scissors

Dog Days is an adorable set for anyone who's a dog lover at heart... like my daughter! I made her this little bookmark and post-it note holder for her desk and she loves it! The bookmark is a "scrapling" - the little piece left over when you cut a "normal" card base down to a 4.25" square. I simply colored little doggy with prismacolor pencils & oms, cut him out and attached him. I didn't use dimensionals, because I didn't think they'd stand up very well being squished in a book. ;-) I used a Basic Grey magnet inside, so it will clip to the page.


The little post-it note holder is a variation of this tutorial. I didn't use the chipboard, just cardstock for the covers. Here's a picture of the inside. I just love the extra strength and the classy look that the inside mat gives!



Supplies:
ALL CDSTAMPS USED: Dog Days
CS AND PAPERS: Whisper White, Pumpkin, Rust, K&Co dp
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin, Teal
MARKERS (if any):
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS: 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, white gel pen, brown grosgrain ribbon, staple, basic grey magnets (for bookmark), dimensionals, post it notes
COLORING MEDIUM (if any): prismacolors & OMS

Ready for more previews? Be sure to visit the other designers blogs!! There is *wonderful* eye candy out there, and four other sets that are being unveiled!!

Here's the list again. Remember, the links are on my sidebar!!

Lori McCroskey


Angela Thomas

Candy Fosta

Cassie Trask

Katie Renz

Kim Teasdale

Laurie Wilson

Linda Anderson

Nancy Grant

Sarah Taylor

Stacy Morgan

Trudy Sjolander


See you tomorrow! Just one more day to wait before you can start shopping!! :-)


Blessings!

Tricia

6 comments:

Candy F. said...

Love all the doggie designs but especially love the one with just the pawprints and the heart sentiment!

Cassie said...

Too darn cute, Tricia ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

Awww... these are so cute. I like your scrapling too.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Tricia, these are all so sweet. Love the bookmark and notepad idea!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh so creative!
:-)

Joan Ervin said...

Such beautiful projects....the little pup is adorable and I just love the paw prints!!!!