Saturday, June 27, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge!


Did you see the Clear Dollar Stamps Guest Designer Challenge for this month?  It's a sketch challenge, and you know how much I like sketch challenges even when I'm not playing for the prize!

Since Lori said that we could use any shapes for the three panels in the sketch, I played around a little.  I wanted to use the Thankful for You set again.  I just love this set!  It's perfect for everyday notes... you know, the ones you write "just because".

I paper pieced the vase and two of the flowers, using the colors from this weekend's Clear Dollar Stamp Color Challenge and then I added shading with copics (R22, R29, YG03, YG63, G99, Y17, YR07, C1, E55).  After I cut and embossed with my Classic Large Rectangle Nesties, I sponged the edges with Memento Desert Sand and SU Cocoa ink while the image was still in the die.  If you click on the picture you may be able to see that I used my SU Canvas Background stamp very lightly over the image and tab to enhance the vintage look.


Thanks for stopping by - now go quick and enter the guest designer challenge!  I promise you'll have *so* much fun if you win!!!!

Tricia

Stamps:  CDS "Thankful for You", SU Canvas BG
Ink:  Palette Noir, Close to Cocoa, Memento Desert Sand
CS:  Confetti White, Summer Sun, Bazzill Dark Brown
DP:  K&Co Bailey
Tools:  Lace Doily Punch, Sewing Machine, Jumbo Sponge Dauber, Quickie Glue Pen, Tab Punch, Copics (Colors Above)
Accessories:  Vintage Button, Twine

13 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a pretty card! I loved the stamped image. I was wondering if you could explain what you mean by "paper pieced" the vase and flowers. (I'm new to all this.... I will check back for comments so if you leave the comment here I will find it....)

In any case, thanks for sharing you work!

Cassie said...

Wow, Tricia! Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your shading and your take on the colors and sketch is wonderful ;D

Tricia T said...

Hi Amy,

When you paper piece you stamp the image on a piece of patterned paper, cut it out and glue it on the image you've already stamped. For example. I stamped the vase on green patterned paper and then cut it out and put it over the vase I'd stamped on white. Make sense?? :-)

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Tricia, this card is georgous!!! I love your take on the colors! Your coloring on the flowers and vase is totally great!! I just love this!! Great Job!!

Chef Mama Lori said...

Love your card! What a great take on the sketch challenge!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Thanks, Tricia! Yes, that makes perfect sense. ;-)

Kevin Renz said...

Awesome card Tricia!! Love what you did with the challenge colors.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card, such beautiful image.
Have a great Sunday.
Carole ;-)

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful card Tricia. Wow!!!!! Your image really pops. Love your paper piecing. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Tricia,

Your card so elegant. I love the paper pieced flowers.

Unknown said...

so pretty, I am so loving CDS now, need to save more money lol

Tammi said...

Oh wow Tricia, you made that stamp really beautiful, pretty vase & card!

Debbie Olson said...

Tricia, you did a fabulous job coloring this image--I'd say that Copics are agreeing with you! ;-D