Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A first...

I received a package of adorable Penny Black Hedgie images in the mail the other day and challenged myself to try something new. Can you believe that in all my years of stamping I have never watercolored with reinkers? I've used watercolor crayons and watercolor pencils, and even watercolored with markers or by squishing down the top of the inkpad, but never with reinkers. I wonder what took me so long! It's quick and easy and the color is incredibly brilliant. I simply put a drop of each reinker I wanted to use into one of the plastic boxes the TAC stamps come in, and then used a little watercolor brush. So much fun!! The "boy" stamp is from a clear Studio G set that I picked up awhile back. In fact it was in my "give away" pile from lack of use... but it's not there anymore! :)

Have a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

sophia landry said...

This is beautiful! You would never know that this is your first time watercoloring. You did such a wonderful job. You have some fantastic art work here!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the boy stamp really finishes the card.

Delia said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the colors the image and that it's a boy card. I am in constant need of them. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Very cute, a great boy card