Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Pumpkin Patch

Well, my hopes of placing an order anytime soon flew away in the form of a refrigerator repair estimated at $200+... So, I've given myself a two-part challenge. Over the next few weeks... or months, if it takes that long... I am challenging myself to make at least one card from every set that I own... including TAC sets & SU wheels. I have a little three drawer storage unit under my desk that holds different size scraps of cardstock and it's overflowing, so the second part of my challenge to myself is that I have to use as many scrap pieces as possible - so no cutting into new cardstock if I can help it. I'm so glad that I got those new background stamps before the refrig went out!! :) Yippee!!

So, how about you?? Do you have some older sets that you haven't used for awhile? Do you have lots of scraps?? Let's see what we can accomplish while stamping "under budget". :)

Today's card uses the poppin' pastels technique. I stamped the pumpkins in versamark ink and colored them with pastels. Three of the pumpkins are on the paper and three are colored and cut out. I didn't use dimensionals to mount them because they seemed to jump too far off the page. I used the Houndstooth BG stamp on the Caramel CS and the grateful stamp to soften the main image - along with a liberal dose of sponging in Rust and Chocolate inks. The brads are from the Vintage Brad collection, which I've really enjoyed.

Thanks for reading! Let's stamp!!

1 comment:

Tracy Durcan said...

This is a very cool looking card. I really like the layout and how you have grateful stamped in the background of the pumpkins!