Friday, August 19, 2016

Power Poppy Inspiration

Hi friends!

Did you know that Power Poppy is having a sale on their digis and some of their stamp sets right now?  I decided that I would pick up a fall digi, since I had been looking at it for awhile.  Of course, I had to print it right out!

I had seen a card with this digi made by the sweet Cheryl Scrivens that I just loved.  It was sweet and simple and had both the image and sentiment printed on the same panel, framed by a simple stitched die.  I wanted my card to be horizontal rather than vertical, so I resized my sunflowers and sentiment to fit.


After I watercolored my image with distress markers I cut it out with a stitched die and matted it with patterned paper and cardstock, but with no other embellishments, just like Cheryl's.  And since I was inspired by a Bloomie, I'm entering this in the Power Poppy Power & Spark CSI challenge - Copy, Steal, Inspire!

Blessings!

Tricia



9 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Great Autumn inspired creation!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, your card is gorgeous, and I love your watercoloring! Love the rich tones for the sunflowers and the vase, and I think the splatters are wonderful. And what a great sentiment to use with the horizontal layout! So glad I inspired you to get this digi. You've made a stunning card with it! You are amazing! Now I get to pin your card! Hugs, sweet friend!

Stacy Morgan said...

Tricia this is beautiful and wonderful fall feeling. Great water coloring and such a great case.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful this is, Tricia! Your watercoloring is amazing. I love the look of it.

Katie Sims said...

What a gorgeous CASE of Cheryl's stunning card, Tricia! I love that you chose watercolors for this image...and you executed that beautifully!! The colors are perfect and the bits of color spatter give it a wonderfully rustic feel. I think it was very smart to keep your card without any embellishment so your lovely water color work is showcased! :)

Misti said...

Tricia, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the splatter!!

Julie Koerber said...

Goodness -- so glad we enabled you to pick up this little sunflower! I LOVE the way you colored it up and added all the watercolor spots -- so fun and pretty at the same time! Fabulous job Tricia!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the rich warm colors!! So glad you joined us for our Power Poppy Power and Spark challenge this month!!

Nora N. said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the watercolor of the flowers and your flicking of the colors on the background after. Beautiful design.