Wednesday, April 27, 2016

An Attempt


I keep seeing shaker cards all over everywhere and I wanted to try one for this week's Sugar Sketch.  I'm not sure that I'm thrilled with the finished project, but I think that is more the balance of colors rather than the shaker part.  Maybe it is just that I need a wider assortment of sequin colors.  Hmmm... that must be it!! : )  I'll work on that and get back to you! : )

I used some patterned paper from my stash and stamps from Everyday is Christmas and Prehistoric Pals.

Edited to add...

Since I couldn't take the sequins out of this particular card, I decided to see if I could balance the colors in another way.  I removed the "waves" from the bottom of the circle, and added some white gel pen stripes to the blue strip at the top.  I think I like it better - what about you??



Thanks for dropping by!

Tricia



5 comments:

Lesley said...

Another beauty! Wow, you are on fire girl. Using the swan on the water is SUCH a clever idea! And I love the shaker card. Hugs!

LauraJane:) said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL shaker Tricia! Love your paper choices:) Yummy blue.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Shaker Cards get easier and more fun. Don't give up!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Tricia this is amazing! The shaker is beautiful, but the colors you used make me think of water and how it sparkles. The perfect setting for your beautiful swan!

Claire Broadwater said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the shaker and the color combo, too! So happy you joined us at SugarPea Designs! XX