Friday, April 01, 2016

A Similar Sketch

Happy Friday, everyone!

I have two cards to share with you today that I used a similar layout on, but they have two entirely different "feels"...

First, a card for the Power Poppy Power and Spark challenge today.  Christine wanted us to use only 3 markers to color our image.   Hmmm.  I used the same image that she used on her sample today, (only mine is the clear stamp version from the Flourishes, LLC days, rather than the digi) and I chose a pink and a yellow Copic and green Spectrum Noir Marker as my palette.  The sentiment is also from a Flourishes set and the patterned paper is from Gina K.






I love the soft, almost dreamy look that the soft color palette gives!  My second card uses almost the same layout, but this time the outcome is cute and cheery.  I watercolored this sweet Lili of the Valley bunny (Cupcake Inspirations Challenge) and his flowers with bright colors to play along with the Fusion and Curtain Call Challenges.






Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Tricia


PS... Becky asked which dies I used on my cards...  I used the Stitched Rectangles from Your Next Stamp; Petite Scalloped Circles from Spellbinders; and Stitched Circles from MFT on the top one.  The bottom one is the same, except I used the piercing die from Spellbinders Celebrations Pierced Circles on my scalloped circle after it had been cut.  It didn't fit perfectly, but it was close enough. : )  The tag was hand cut.  Hope that helps!





22 comments:

Lyn said...

Wow what a beautiful job done with three colours <3 I love the design of that first card. Both beautiful and the image on the second is just the cutest

Lesley said...

Beautiful work!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

fun cards! I love the sweet little bunny and perfect job pairing it with Fusion (thanks for joining) and the curtain call!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Both are super, but I favor the first one.

Becky's Craftroom said...

Hello, could you tell me which dies you used on these two cards?

cm said...

WOW! Two amazing cards using only three colours! The flowers in the first: delicate and lovely. Your bunny filling the vase, in the second, absolutely darling! Thank you for sharing your artistry in the Cupcake Inspirations Bunny challenge!
~carol

Indy Owens said...

Oh your bunny is just darling! So glad you were inspired by this week's Bunnies Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, these are both fabulous, and I love how you've really kept to three markers! What a great challenge that I'll have to try myself. I always loved this pitcher of tulips, and you've colored it beautifully and made a lovely card with the beautiful musical background. And the sweet LOTV image is also beautifully and vibrantly colored. And what a great card for both challenges - you nailed them perfectly. Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, beautiful job on the tulips in pitcher! I never had that stamp from Flourishes, so I'm thrilled to have the digi. And your LOTV bunny card is so darn cute! Super great watercoloring. So adorable!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both wonderful! I love your colouring! Your first card is so pretty! And your second card is adorable -- super sweet take on the inspiration photo!

ChristineCreations said...

You picked a great palette for those markers Tricia! It’s so serene and springy! Lovely work for the 3 Marker Challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!...and such a cute bunny too!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooooo...Love your softly colored tulips with that fabulous musical background Tricia!! Beautiful and absolutely charming!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Angelica Schmidt said...

Just gorgeous! Have a Blessed day!

Theresa said...

Beautiful cards! Good luck on all the challenges.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful and cute as could be! These cards are wonderful, Tricia!

Becky's Craftroom said...

Thank you so much for posting info on which dies were used! Much appreciated! The only problem now, is that I've added more stuff to my wishlist...

Patti said...

Sensational cards!! I just love that little bunny up on his toes!! Sweet.

Patti

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet card with your nicely colored bunny and the pretty vase of flowers! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Card Challenge Tricia! Julia xx

artful-notions said...

Both beauties. Came through the Fusion challenge, and got treated to 2 great cards! Love both, one so elegant, and one a bright happy sweetie!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! That little bunny is just adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

I love your Power Poppy three marker card Tricia. Gorgeous.