Monday, March 14, 2016

Peek A Boo

Happy Monday, friends!  How do you like the first Monday of Daylight Savings??  My husband and I tried something new this year.  For the last two weeks our alarm has gone off at 5:15 am, which is now 6:15.  That way it wasn't such a jump to have it go off at 6:00 this morning, which was 5:00 
pre-DST.   So I only feel a little groggy this morning! : )

I made a card yesterday afternoon in honor of spring...


Power Poppy is having a fun challenge this month to make a peek-a-boo card -- to have images peeking through die-cut holes.  I used the Potted Primroses set and my new Mini MISTI (LOVE!!!!!) to make my card.  I stamped the pink layer first with the flowers, left my stamps on the MISTI and then stamped them again in black on my cream layer, before using my circles to cut out some "peek a boo" windows.  I colored it with copics before putting the layers together.



I'm going to play along with the Easter/Spring challenge at Time Out challenges as well! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Gorgeous! Love how you did the sketch.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love how you’ve almost shadow stamped on the pink layer...it really gives it the look of vellum. Great use of this layout Tricia! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very springy and pretty Tricia! I like that you stamped on the pink panel as well. Hopefully you get a good nights sleep tonight and the change won't be a problem. ;-) Thanks for playing in our Sketch challenge this month.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, what a gorgeous card! I love the shade of pink and your take on the challenge! I love these primroses and your beautiful coloring, and I agree with Christine about the shadowing of the flowers using the MISTI. Don't we just love that tool? Stunning card, sweet friend, and what a clever way to slowly adapt to DST. Hugs, and a cheery hello!

Lynn said...

You rocked this sketch. Love the images popping out from the circles. So, so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Kushner Elizabeta said...

Great work! Thank you for playing with us over at TO Challenge.