Friday, February 26, 2016

So Kind

Hi everyone!

Power Poppy has a fun challenge this month to go outside your usual choice of coloring medium. Hmmm...  I usually use copics or watercolor, so I decided to go back to my demonstrator days and use waterbased markers and watercolor pencils.


I stamped Power Poppy's primrose bouquet in Versafine ink and first laid down a layer of color with marker, then used my watercolor pencils to add in shading over the top.  I cut my main panel with the scalloped and rectangle dies from MFT Blueprints 20, then tilted the inside panel to give the look of one of those old time Victorian postcards.  I added in some white gel pen dots to the pink panel because it looked lonely. : )

I'm playing along with three challenges today...



Have a wonderful day!

Tricia



4 comments:

Heidi Stamps said...

Gorgeous coloring!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, this is gorgeous, and I love how you dared to use a different medium to color. It's beautifully done, and I especially love the vintage feel to your card. Beautiful primroses, and I love the scalloped border with the distressing and especially love the white gel dots you've added - they do add something special. And lovely love with the pearls on the fishtail tags and also under the sentiment. Truly a gorgeous card for some wonderful girl! Hugs, sweet friend!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely!! Those flowers are sweet and wonderful design!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and love the shabby chic details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!