Saturday, January 09, 2016

Power Poppy Presents

Hello again, friends!  Are you glad it's Saturday?  I have thoroughly enjoyed this past week because I've been able to stay on the new schedule that I set for myself at the beginning of the year.  Unfortunately I forgot to schedule out my Saturday, so I'm not getting nearly as much done today!

I did take time to play in a few challenges this morning, though!  Here's my card...


Bright, huh??? LOL

Here's why!



 Yup.  I played in the Fusion challenge and thought it would be fun to use both the sketch and the colors.  My image was decided on because of the Power Poppy challenge to use something new and make a tall card, and the inspiration challenge over at SCS where one of the pictures was of hot chocolate.  :)  I just got this set the other day, and I hadn't used this stamp yet, so that was perfect for the "new" part, but since I make most of my cards to include in GraceWorks packages for my customers to send out to be an encouragement to others, I made this card 3.75" x 5.5" for the "tall" part of the challenge.  I know it isn't *exactly* what they meant, but that's what fits in the envelopes that I have, and the narrower card makes it look taller... at least that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :)

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

Blessings,

Tricia


4 comments:

Sherry Hickey said...

Very pretty! Your bright color choices are actually perfect for a rather dreary winter's day here! Happy New Year!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooo...Tricia!! I just love these cheery colors!! The pick and green with the golden yellow is just so happy! Your coloring is fabulous too! And...tall is in the eye of the beholder. It looks tall to me! ;) Thank you so very much for joining in our our Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge this month!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Tricia, it's so cute! And, you're right, it does look tall because of the narrower width. I'm just happy you played along. This image is so darling on a non-Christmas card. Love the colors! So glad you shared this in our Stretch Yourself Challenge at Power Poppy!

Brandi said...

Your card is so cute! Thank you so much for playing with us at Fusion!