Saturday, August 08, 2015

{Power Poppy} Shabby Primroses


I picked up a gorgeous Primroses set from Power Poppy last month, and I took some time to play with it this morning so I could enter this month's "Power and Spark" challenge.  The challenge is to make a "shabby chic" card - which is definitely NOT my normal style - so I pulled out shabby chic ingredients... a stencil, my sponges, a frilly die and some seam binding ribbon... and went to work.  I watercolored my flowers with Distress Markers, sponged the edges a little after diecutting my oval, and added a lot of texture to my card with dry embossing, sponging and distressing.  A couple of pearls seemed to fit the theme as well!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tricia

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Tricia, this is gorgeous. I love your colour combo as well as the shabby chic look to this - fabulous my friend.

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty Tricia! You picked the sweetest little image for a shabby chic design. Love the peaches and hte wonderful bow! Thanks for playing along with us at Power Poppy!

Leslie Miller said...

Tricia, it's beautiful! You rose to the challenge. I love this style but don't do it much anymore. You picked such pretty colors and used some of my favorite elements with the embossed background, the die cut oval, and the pretty ribbon. And, of course, you made this Power Poppy stamp shine! Thanks for playing along in our Shabby & Chic challenge this month!

Nancy M. Lane said...

Really like your cards. Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Tricia this is so sweet and beautiful. I like the dotted background and wonderful potted flowers. ;-) Thanks for playing in our Chic and Shabby challenge this month.