Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Big Birthday

My dear husband is celebrating his 50th birthday in November and I had so much fun making this card for him!  I used a cute new A La Mode stamp from My Favorite Things to represent me... capris, grey hair and all! : ) I, of course, used the stock colors for an "over the hill" 50th birthday card... black and grey.  : )   I curved one of the sentiments from the set as I applied it to the block so I could use it over the top of my image.  Then I used the By the Numbers die-namics to cut out the numbers 5 and 0 from both chipboard and patterned paper to give a POP of color.  The little "t" and "h" are hand drawn and cut out.   Since this is a guy's card I didn't want any frilly embellishments, so I stuck with some stitching, a little paper piecing and I used the Solid Bracket Die-Namics for the border. 


I was following the Guest Designer sketch from MFT for my layout, and I flipped it to a mirror image so I could put the 50 on the right side and fill in the empty spot.  I still felt like it needed something, though.  Hmmmm..... I've got it!!  Arrows are all the rage right now... and that would draw your eye toward the 50 - which after all is the most important thing on the card... especially because I am *not* 50 yet and won't be for a number of years. : )

And there you have it!  Would you like to see the inside?  Remember, this is just a "for fun" card.  I'll make him a serious one later. : )


Here's the details....

Stamps:  ALM Big Birthday Wishes
DieNamics:  By the Numbers, Solid Bracket Border
Paper:  Kraft, White, Recollections DP, SU DP
Ink:  Memento Black
Accessories:  Copic and Promarkers, stitching, scissors, glue

Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Shea said...

I LOVE this card, Tricia!! That arrow is exactly the finishing touch that was needed. Love the red 50 and all the fab patterns that you used. You look great in capris! :)