Friday, May 13, 2011

TAC Chalk Hop

I'm not sure I can remember the last time I had my chalks out!  But today's blog hop over at Savvy Projects is to make a card using your Angel Company stamps and chalks.  Check out all the inspiration!

For my card I stamped my flower and leaf image in VersaMark and then rubbed the chalk over them with a q-tip.... the old "Poppin' Pastels" technique.  I then stamped in some swirls and speckles to fill in my background.  The Friend stamp is from the Singing Praises set, which is current.  All of the other stamps are retired, I think, sorry!


Here's another Angel Company card that I made the other day, following this week's sketch challenge... mostly. :-)  It uses the hostess set "Thanking God" and the set "Showers of Blessing".

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Tricia

10 comments:

Chris said...

Two great cards...when I've tried the chalk rub, my cards looked so empty...your swirls and dots fills in the blanks perfectly!

Unknown said...

Great cards! I love the Poppin' Pastels technique!

Yone said...

Cute card and lovely blog ! I'm now your follower ! Hugs, Yone

Debra Miller said...

Pretty cards Tricia! Great technique.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Very sweet cards. I especially like the little bird with the umbrella. Nice.

Chelsea said...

So cute! Love the colors!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love your poppin' card and the adorable little chickie card. I love the teal color and the stitching!!! Kerry

Michelle said...

Both cards are wonderful! Love your chalk poppin card...so delicate and pretty!

Helen Dooley said...

Great card!! I get carried away sometimes with this technique.

Kim said...

Fabulous cards Trica!