Friday, April 09, 2010

Color Challenge Today!


Today's Clearly Inspired color challenge definitely tested my mojo!! The colors to use are Cherry Go Round, Lime Juice and Bee Pollen from Clear Dollar's new Clearly Coordinating Collection, and, as I have a *really* hard time with bright colors, it took two cards before I did one I wasn't embarrassed to show you!! :-)

I used the With Thanksgiving set and the Plumes and Blooms set from Clear Dollar Stamps, and I *really* like how the focal piece turned out. I would definitely try that again. I stamped the plume while the image was still in the nestibilities die, so it left the edges white. So pretty!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely weekend, and I hope you'll join us for the challenge!! :-)

11 comments:

CarlaKH said...

how pretty!

Cassie said...

Wowza, Tricia, this is GORGEOUS! I love that you used the Plumes & Blooms as a background to that awesome scripture. It's gorgeous! ;D

Joan Ervin said...

Sooo elegant, Tricia...I love how you stamped the background and then added the sentiment...absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Linda Anderson said...

Gorgeous indeed!!! Love your main image with it's crisp white border and the "back side" of the embossed dots, clever girl!!

Linda

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a fantastic design. Love the colors and your focal point is gorgeous!

TracyJ said...

I love the pop of red against the embossed white background. It's just beautiful!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your CIC11 card Tricia. So beautiful with the plumes and blooms and the black lovely sentiment over the top. I LOVE IT.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Tricia this is just beautiful! Wow, I love it!! Love the fact that you textured the paper you stamped the verse on. I really like that! Great greativity!!

Kevin Renz said...

Hey Tricia... love your card, but I must admit I loved your "first" card just as much!

Laurie Wilson said...

WOW! STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Just gorgeous Tricia! Great use of the new colors....so perfectly balanced.