Monday, February 22, 2010

Cross Stitch Weekend WrapUp

What fun I've had cross stitching over the past week or two! Here's my progress...

First, I finished two Shepherd's Bush projects. Hopefully these will be in pin pillow and ornament form by the end of this week!

Then, I started a little Lizzie Kate project - on aida, with DMC, cuz that's what I had around and I am on a spending freeze until March, at least, cuz of some car and computer repairs. I'm glad I have things around to keep me busy!! :-)

And finally, I worked on dd's stocking. I decided that the thing I didn't like about working on it was that I was stitching it 3/2 and, while I did the other two that I've made that way, it was just frustrating me now. I have some shoulder and wrist problems, so I can't use a hoop anymore and I just couldn't get the 3/2 to lay right. So - I switched to 2/2 and started using Vonna's method of not turning the needle and I really made some progress!! I worked up the side and started the top border. I feel like I'm really accomplishing something and I'm excited to keep at it now. :-)

In about three weeks I get to make a trip to the LNS that's about 1 1/2 hours away. I'm hoping to save up a little money by then to pick up some pretty fabric and a pattern or two. I would love to get a couple by Little House NeedleWorks. I love "Counting House" and the "Snowy Pines" ornament and a number of the others. I hear that there's a wonderful pattern in the latest issue of JCS, too. Maybe there will be a copy at the store when I go. Can't wait! But I need to see how much I can accomplish in the meantime. :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Happy stitching!

Tricia



2 comments:

Cassie said...

You are so incredibly impressive, Tricia! I am so impressed by your stitching. . .keep at it ;D

Cynimin said...

I love your finishes. SB is one of my favorites. I'm doing 8 of their stockings. Very nice work!