Sunday, December 28, 2008

Magnolia ClipBoard



I'm trying something new this year. I purchased a Winter Kit from our SCS FlyBaby group and I'm going to try to use it up. Scrapbook pages, cards, altered items... We'll see what I come up with. I'll be truthful, it won't be easy!! Some of the things that came in the kit are *really* out of my comfort zone!!!

For my first project I decided to alter this clipboard that I've had sitting around for awhile. I wanted to use one of the Magnolia images that I had in my box, but the paper, ribbon and snowflakes are from the kit. I colored my Tilda with Copics, then used ModPodge and a small foam brush to attach the elements to the clipboard. My girls kept telling me that it would be too bumpy to write on now... and they're right... but it sure is cute!! :) I think I'll find a legal pad or junior legal pad that I can alter and use that on the board - or maybe make it into a magnet board... I haven't decided yet. :) Maybe I'll make a "flat" clipboard with my Spring Kit!! :)

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. I have so many new stamping goodies to play with and *such* a long list of things to do during my week off, that I'll be busy for awhile!!

Here's the completed clipboard...



BTW - Remember to check out the GraceWorks site if you need any refills for your dayplanner for the new year!!

Blessings!

Tricia

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Okay so I was really curious and had to come see this ASAP! It's wonderful. You are inspiring me to get out my kit and get started.

Stacy said...

Adorable! I have seen others attach a small calendar and or a post it note and pen to their clipboards and hang them on the fridg....although you wouldn't want to cover up all the "cuteness"
By the way, I am LOVIN' my Grace Works planner! I am already comfortable with unexpected quest stopping by! A big deal for me!!!

Diane said...

How adorable!!! I am so glad you are digging in and enjoying your kit. Keep up the good work.

mollymoo951 said...

Tricia - how CUTE! I love Tilda sitting on the ribbon "ledge".

Tammi said...

Love it, cute! I've never done one of these...nice job!

Jayne Hayward said...

What a lovely way to use your Tilda stamps. The clipboard idea is great.

Jayne xx

Kerry D-C said...

aaaaaaaaaaw! this is fabulous!