Friday, May 02, 2008

In the Garden


The theme for Cute Card Thursday this week is "In the Garden". I chose this fun Penny Black image to color and matted it with some K&Co paper. I even pulled out my Coluzzle to cut an oval and all my circle punches & scalloped circle punch from SU to mat the sentiment. It is a bright and cheery card and makes me smile. :)


Here's a couple of answers to your questions and comments of the other day....

When do I craft as a homeschool mom?? Well, I usually craft in the morning, but sometimes that becomes a long morning!! I'm very blessed that my children are all teens and very independent workers at this point. I'm called upon here and there to correct work, help with Algebra, give Bible lessons and teach Spanish, but otherwise I'm fairly free to just be Mom. Which obviously includes crafting!!

Do I use Copics? Nope - I only own 3 and just can't justify the expense right now. Especially cuz I would love to get a used Mac laptop in the near future. I can't pay much, so I'm hoping maybe I'll find one at a garage sale or have one given to me. (One can pray that way, at least!!)
Someone mentioned looking forward to my CC Design peeks this week. Sorry! My term with the design team ran out at the end of April and although they sweetly asked me to stay on until December, I decided not to keep up with it. I'm not quite as "in love" with the new Glamour Girl type stamps, and Christine (from CC Designs) deserves to have a design team that can gush over the product they are using... just as I did with the cute animal stamps!!! :)
Thanks for all your sweet comments and remarks. I do read them all, and they make my day!!

10 comments:

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, that stamp is so cute and great colours.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

wendy said...

Great card! Such a cute stamp!

Jilli said...

Great colours, cute card

Cecilia said...

Lovely card!

Sammi said...

such a cute stamp!! Love your card!! Love your blog too!! Sammi

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, such a cute hedgie.

Beth said...

This is a really pretty card, I love the way you've layered the sentiment

tracie said...

beautiful card, love the stamp and layout - very cute :-)x

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

great card, love the colors and PB stamp!

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable, and I love all of the waves at the bottom!