Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rest...

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you Rest..." I don't know too many of us that couldn't use some rest. Unfortunately, we work so hard at finding rest that we ignore the fact that it only comes from a right relationship with Jesus Christ. I've been struggling with a nasty headache the last couple of days, so I've been leaning pretty heavily on this promise. This card is made with an image from the Everyday Events set by TAC, colored with markers and prismacolors. I picked up the verse stamp at Hobby Lobby's grand opening for 50% off!! :) I know it's one that I'll use often. The patterned paper is from an Autumn mat stack by DCWV, and the brads are from Gina K's store. I think the card itself is a piece of retired Baroque Burgundy cardstock from SU. I loved that color!! Maybe they'll bring it back as an In Color this fall. :)

Despite my headache, God is good! We actually have an offer on our house! Now to decide if we're going to accept it or not. I've given my two cents worth and laid it in my husband's hands to make the decision. I'll be happy either way. I'm so thankful that God gave me such a good leader for our family!!

Have a blessed day!



6 comments:

Carrie said...

I got my angel order today - it actually came while we were away this weekend but I got it redelivered. It looks great - can't wait to use it Thursday night at our church ladies scrapbook night. Hope you get some in the Lord!

Donna Baker said...

what a great card - God's timing is always perfect, just continue to trust & rest. hope you feel better soon!

Trudy Osborn said...

Wonderful card (as usual)! I really appreciate your comments on resting in the Lord...I need that reminder often. Thank you.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love that chair and sentiment. Perfectly done

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I read above that you are feeling better. Glad to know that you are okay.

I love your card and sentiment and what an awesome thing to do... trust your husband's leading. That is inspirational.

:-)

Rose Ann said...

This is beautiful!!